Friday, February 7, 2014

Five on Friday...Why Not?

I'm not usually big on link-ups and catchphrases, but it's been a long week--and I'm ready to rock and roll through this Friday!

1-Eric Church's new album, The Outsiders comes out this Tuesday, February 11th.  I am excited to have some new music to add to my playlist--My three power hitters (where music is concerned) are Luke Bryan, Eric Church, and Jason Aldean.  You can't go wrong with those!!!

2-We actually got up this morning and got our work-outs in before work!  It is usually so hard for me to roll out of bed at 5:00 and hit the road or my bike, but today it was easy-- A. because I didn't want to have to run AND go to the grocery store this afternoon...--and--B.  I was right in the middle of an episode of Breaking Bad, and I really wanted to watch it why I took part in a sweaty spin session.  I have to admit that it did feel kind of funny watching a show like that at 5:00 in the morning, but whatever gets me up is a good thing!

3-Tomorrow morning we are heading up to Knoxville for the Strawberry Plains Half Marathon (Geno) and 10K (me).  We haven't raced since New Year's Day, so I am ready!  I have really been working hard on both my diet and training, so I am interested to see how it all works out.

4-The spin bike that I purchased on Craigslist a few months ago has been the answer to my training woes.  Before I started crosstraining, I was always injured...my knees, my ankles, the bottom of my foot--you name it!  Ever since I started alternating days of running and spinning, I have felt 100 times better!

Running guru, Jeff Galloway says that anyone over the age of 45 should alternate days of running with days of another form of exercise.  I took those words to heart (even though I'm only 41)--and so far, it really is working.  (fingers crossed and knocking on wood)

5-Yesterday I took over 400 people off of my Twitter feed.  I was following so many people and companies from various giveaway entries, that I didn't even want to read my feed anymore.  I LOVE winning giveaways, no doubt, but it had actually become a burden to me.  I was spending too much time entering the giveaways and not enough time being productive in other areas.  Definitely time to simplify and prioritize.

Happy Friday!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Getting up early is such a challenge for me so major kudos for getting your workout in so early. Also...I'm doing the 10k tomorrow and would LOVE to meet you/say hi/take a photo! And totally understand about the unfollowing...it is overwhelming to see soooo many things on your social media feeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss being able to run, but I look forward to spring when I can go for rides with our grandchildren on my rock'n trike. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Comments Welcome! :)