We went into the kitchen and saw smoke coming from the dishwasher. We thought that something plastic had fallen down onto the heating element. We opened up the washer, and found nothing amiss. The smell though...Ugh!
We turned the washer back on to see what would happen. The smoke was coming from the control panel! About 30 seconds later, there was a hissing sound, and our dishwasher died.
We went ahead and ordered a new dishwasher. It was delivered on Saturday. The delivery man said that the control panel had in fact burned up (in our other one), and that you should NEVER let a dishwasher run when you are not at home....(I thought that's what the delayed timer was for! Oops!!!). He said that besides the clothes dryer, the dishwasher is the number one cause of house fires. I had no idea!
On a side note, the delivery man wasn't being very careful when he pulled our old dishwasher out, and he left a deep gash in our hardwood floor. (We cannot win!)
He said that he would file it on the company's insurance, and he took pictures of it...but we have yet to hear from his company. We will see, I guess.
New running shoes....Gettin' those miles!!!
Also, I am not one to whine or complain, but DANG! This is school year is off on the WRONG foot. I need some positive vibes. I feel like I am sinking....just thoroughly overwhelmed.